Position Title: Accounts Payable Clerk
Employment Type: Full Time
Company: Sure Good Foods Ltd.
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Compensation: Salary + Benefits
Sure Good Foods provides experienced trading in pork, beef and poultry markets as well as more unique and diverse proteins. We source products from around the globe and ship product to over 50 international markets. The team of traders at Sure Good Foods has established long standing relationships with our vendor partners. We will work with these vendor partners to develop custom product solutions to meet customer specific requirements. Being established as a global leader in the frozen meat business, Sure Good Foods is presently expanding its product line to include frozen vegetables, fruits, juice concentrates and purees.
The responsibilities of this role are to manage the day to day accounts payable process for the organization in an accurate, efficient and timely manner and to provide administrative support.
- Accounts Payable Administration
- Email management of AP inbox consisting of incoming invoices and vendor inquiries
- Data entry of invoices and attaching PDF documents to files
- Employee Expense report reconciliation and entry
- Vendor statement of account reconciliation
- Issue payments to vendors (EFT, Wire, Cheque, Credit Card)
- Complete daily rush cheques and wire transfers as required
- File payment backup (EFT Upload, Wires, Cheques)
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries in a professional manner
- Daily Uploads to HSBC Net
- Quarterly vendor audits
- Administrative Support
- Assist with office administration
- Assist Finance team as required
- This job may require additional responsibilities and duties as assigned by SGF
- University Degree or College Diploma with major Subjects/Specialties in Accounting, Math, Business
- International food industry knowledge and experience is a strong asset
- Previous experience with Accounts Payable, invoicing, cheque runs, data entry, customer service
- Minimum 3-4 years in a Accounts payable role
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Accounting principles
- Microsoft Navision
- Business acumen
Skills and abilities required to perform duties:
- Attention to detail
- Troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Analytical skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work with a high degree of accuracy
- Customer service
- Computer skills, specifically Microsoft Excel
- Communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Quick learner
- Time management and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize
Equipment required to perform duties:
- Standard Office Equipment
- Reports to Accounting Supervisor
- Works with Administration and Finance Team, Logistics Departments, Finance Manager, Controller, and External Vendors.
To apply, please submit your resume to HR@suregoodfoods.com.
Sure Good Foods welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.