Position Title: International Commodity Trader – Latin America
Employment Type: Full Time
Company: Sure Good Foods Ltd.
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Compensation: Salary + Commission + Benefits
Sure Good Foods provides experienced trading in pork, beef and poultry markets as well as more unique and diverse proteins. We source products from around the globe and ship product to over 50 international markets. The team of traders at Sure Good Foods has established long standing relationships with our vendor partners. We will work with these vendor partners to develop custom product solutions to meet customer specific requirements. Being established as a global leader in the frozen meat business, Sure Good Foods is presently expanding its product line to include frozen vegetables, fruits, juice concentrates and purees.
The core responsibility of the Latin American Commodity Trader is business development. Through building customer and vendor relationships, this position will work to expand the sales of Sure Good Foods. This role is also responsible for identifying new customers, product opportunities, and new vendors that will create value for Sure Good Foods.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with suppliers and customers
- Prospect for new business by reviewing directories, talking to suppliers/customers and market research
- Obtain market information for business development purposes
- Negotiate terms of sale with suppliers and customers
- Provide continuous customer service and monitoring of active shipments
- Develop annual business plan in support of sales goals and objectives
- Attend trade shows as appropriate
- University Degree or College Diploma
- Fully bilingual in Spanish
- International food industry knowledge and experience is a strong asset
- Protein market knowledge is a strong asset
- Minimum 3-5 years trading food products into Latin America
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to establish relationships
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Ability to travel
To apply, please submit your resume to HR@suregoodfoods.com.
Sure Good Foods welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.