Position Title: North American Retail & Foodservice Commodity Sales Director
Employment Type: Full Time
Company: Sure Good Foods Ltd.
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Compensation: Salary + Commission + Benefits
Sure Good Foods provides experienced trading in pork, beef and poultry markets as well as more unique and diverse proteins. We source products from around the globe and ship product to over 50 international markets. The team of traders at Sure Good Foods has established long standing relationships with our vendor partners. We will work with these vendor partners to develop custom product solutions to meet customer specific requirements. Being established as a global leader in the frozen meat business, Sure Good Foods is presently expanding its product line to include frozen vegetables, fruits, juice concentrates and purees.
The core responsibility of the North American Retail and Foodservice Commodity Sales Director is business development. Through building customer relationships across the large and medium sized retail and foodservice accounts, this position will work to expand the sales of Sure Good Foods. This role is also responsible for identifying new customers, product opportunities, and new customers that will create value for Sure Good Foods.
- Prospect for new business by reviewing directories, talking to suppliers/customers and market research
- Obtain market information for business development purposes
- Provide continuous customer service and monitoring of active shipments
- Develop annual business plan in support of sales goals and objectives
- Manage complete sales process from customer relationship management, price negotiations, sales planning
- Understand customer’s strategy and build strong relationships with customer to manage or exceed customer expectations and create value for the customer
- Build and coordinate long pricing and product sales agreements with customers
- Attend industry events as appropriate
- University Degree or College Diploma
- International food industry knowledge and experience is a strong asset
- Protein market knowledge is a strong asset
- Minimum 5-10 years selling commodity food products into North America
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to establish relationships
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Ability to travel
To apply, please submit your resume to HR@suregoodfoods.com.
Sure Good Foods welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.